Which goggles should I buy for my child?
Finding the best swimming goggles for your kids can be tricky. There are so many options out there to choose from. How do you know which goggles are the best for your kids?
Picking the best goggles for your child comes down to determining the pros and cons of the pair of goggles. Size of the lense, material, field-of-view, and fogging are a few factors to consider when deciding on the perfect pair of goggles.
Sweet Blue has taken all the different components of a pair of goggles into consideration to determine the top goggles we recommend for swim lessons!
These are perfect learn-to-swim goggles designed for children ages 2-6 years old.
- Comfortable Fit: The silicone split strap provides security and comfortability that prevents snagging of the hair
- Tough and Durable: Polycarbonate lenses that are impact-resistant
- Adjustability: Easy and fast adjustments with the rear clips
Speedo Skoogles are quite similar to the FINIS swimmies. The lenses are a bit larger and are designed to fit children ages 3-8 years old.
- Comfortability: The eye socket gasket rests within the eye orbital which provides more comfortability.
- Anti-fog and UV protection
- Adjustability: Side release clips for easy headstrap adjustments
These are perfect for children that want a better field of view. Sweet Blue recommends these to children who have sensory issues. A wider field of view helps children feel less anxious as their peripheral vision is less restricted. Designed for kids ages 3-6 years old.
- Best for children with sensory issues
- Wide field of view
- Scratch-resistant and anti-fog coating
- Adjustability: Easy to adjust pull buckle system
These might leak more than others due to the wider gasket flaps around the eyes.
Vanquisher 2.0 Juniors are designed for children that are comfortable and more advanced in the water. These are perfect for children that are lap swimming and getting into competitive swimming. Designed for children ages 6-14 years old.
- Gasket rests snugly and securely in the eye socket
- Cushioned silicone seals
- Multiple nose piece options
- Panoramic anti-fog lens with UV protection